Section 1 Alpine Rep; Central Education Foundation Board
on your PSIA-AASI Central Education Foundation Board Member
Dale Nugent’s ski life starts with the “family fun equals skiing” tradition his WWII ski trooper father started. His home hill is Afton Alps. He also teaches at Vail Mountain. He is L2 alpine certified and is on Afton’s Trainer Development Team. Nugent was a competitive Nordic skier in high school. He prides himself on a friendly, patient approach to clients, with a strong dose of goofiness added when teaching children.
Dale is semi-retired and owns Aegis Venture Partners, an advisory firm for early stage companies. He is an educator for the National Science Foundation’s Innovation Corps program. He has helped dozens of innovators vet their business concepts and assists those with promising ideas form and launch their businesses. His prior job was at the University of Minnesota as a Venture Development Executive.
Nugent has been on multiple start-up boards – Chairing one Board. He has served on several volunteer boards. He believes that the board role in sustaining a quality PSIA should be:
1. Listening to customers, members and other industry stakeholders
2. Helping management to strategically anticipate and adapt to market trends and member needs
3. Assuring strong organization development, including links to member ski schools
4. Making sure adequate resources are secured for our mission, and
5. Establishing clear policy, as needed. Nugent holds an MBA and Master of Engineering Management from Northwestern University and a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Minnesota. Beyond skiing, he loves to golf, camp, cook, and supports STEM education.