Thursday, January 20, 2022 from 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm ETDay 2:
Thursday, January 27, 2022 from 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm ETDay 3:
Sunday, January 30, 2022 from 10:00 am - 5:00 pm ETDay 4:
Monday, January 31, 2022 from 11:00 am - 6:00 pm ETAdd to Personal CalendarEvent Type:
Certificate AssessmentLocation: Granite Peak
(TBA - Meeting Location will be sent out by email by the event leader.)
Arrive 5 minutes beforeRegistration Information:
- Cost: $198.00
- CEUs: 12Prerequisites:
Current PSIA-AASI Membership, Children's Specialist 1 E-Learning Course, Level I CertificationRegistration Deadline:
Thursday, January 13, 2022, 11:59 pm ET
This event has been cancelled.
Online Registration: CLOSED
Offline Registration: Contact the division office.
The Children's Specialist 1 (CS1) is an entry-level, multi-discipline (Alpine, Snowboard, and Telemark) children's education course for PSIA - AASI (Level I Certified or Higher) Members and includes an evaluation.
The clinic is designed around teaching children in groups utilizing the concepts and knowledge gained by studying the written materials and completing the Children's Specialist 1 E-learning courses (or CS1 Cross country Workbook). The program's purpose is to share and improve the candidate's ability to provide great lessons to our largest customer base in Central Division, children.
The event will consist of: (When registering, the participant will be registered for the online & on-snow sessions)
- An Online E-learning portion
- Two 2-hour Online Prep Webinars
- Will include a discussion of the National Standards and Performance
- Review of the concepts of movement analysis with children
- Participants will the prep webinar to develop their lesson plan. Using the teaching log and feedback before the on-snow presentation.
- A Two-Day On-Snow Module
- Participants will continue to learn tools for creating engaging and creative lessons.
- The student will have the opportunity to demonstrate what they have learned through an assessment of their technical and movement analysis skills and preparation of a people and teaching skills segment for children in the beginner to intermediate zones.
CS1 facilitators assess candidate knowledge, comprehension, and application of materials throughout the entire event. Active participation and attendance are required throughout each session of the event.
Prerequisites for Registration:
- Current Member of PSIA-AASI
- PSIA-AASI Level I Certification or Higher in any discipline
- Read and obtain the following materials (Digitial or Printed)
- Teaching Snowsports Manual
- Children's Instructional Manual (2nd Edition) - legacy manual
- Teaching Children Snowsports Manual (2021)
- Complete the Children's Specialist 1 E-Learning Course
- Review & Start the Children's Specialist 1 Teaching Log -This is your lesson plan for the on-snow presentation. You will develop this during the online sessions and submit it to the clinician running the event.
For more information on the prerequisites & recommended materials for this course, please review the PSIA AASI Central Children's Education & Certification Page.
Additional Event Details:
*Access information for the virtual event will be included in the event confirmation email.
The Prep Webinars will be hosted from 8:00 PM (ET) - 10:00 PM (ET) (7:00 PM (CT) - 9:00 PM (CT)
The On-Snow Event will be held from 9:00 AM (CT) - 4:00 PM (CT) (Monday - 10:00 AM (CT start time) . (Please arrive 15 minutes before the start of the event)
Forgot Your Credentials?
Please enter the required information below to recover your credentials.
If you require further assistance, please contact the administrator.