Mark Your Calendar!
Events are still being added to the 2023-2024 Event Calendar. Please check in regularly for updates.
|Children's Specialist 2 Hybrid Exam||Back to Calendar|
Day 1: Wednesday, November 29, 2023 from 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm CT
Day 2: Tuesday, December 5, 2023 from 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm CT
Day 3: Saturday, December 9, 2023 from 8:00 am - 3:00 pm CT
Day 4: Sunday, December 10, 2023 from 8:00 am - 3:00 pm CT
Add to Personal Calendar
Event Type: Certificate Assessment
Location: The Highlands at Harbor Springs (Meeting locations will be sent out closer to the event by the clinic leader.)
- First Chair Rate: $198.00 (available through Tuesday, November 14)
- Second Chair Rate: $223.00 (available through Tuesday, November 21)
- Last Chair Rate: $248.00
- CEUs: 12
Prerequisites: Current PSIA-AASI Membership, Children's Specialist 2 Workbook & Quiz, Level II Certification or Higher
Registration Deadline: Monday, November 27, 2023, 10:59 pm CT
Online Registration: CLOSED
Offline Registration: Contact the region office.
The CS2 candidate builds on the knowledge gained in the CS1 and the discipline level as it relates to an individual child in the intermediate to advance zones. The assessment will expect the candidate to apply and blend developmental concepts and theory and children's concepts in their own words. They will be expected to compare and contrast these concepts for the ages and stages of each child in a group and learn how to perform a successful movement analysis on more than one fundamental in all phases of the turn.
The event will consist of: (When registering, the participant will be registered for the online & on-snow sessions)
- Two 2-hour Online Prep Webinars
- Will include a discussion of the National Standards and Performance
- Review of the concepts of movement analysis with children
- Participants will the prep webinar to develop their lesson plan. Using the teaching log and feedback before the on-snow presentation.
- A Two-Day On-Snow Module
- Participants will be assessed on their ability to apply and blend more than one option in engaging and creative lessons incorporating the people and teaching fundamentals for at least four individual students in the intermediate to the advanced zone.
- The student will also be expected to demonstrate their technical and movement analysis skills of more than one fundamental in all phases of the turn.
Prerequisites for Registration:
- Current Member of PSIA-AASI
- PSIA-AASI Level II Certification or Higher in any discipline
- Read and obtain the following materials (Digitial or Printed)
- Teaching Snowsports Manual
- Children's Instructional Manual (2nd Edition) - legacy manual
- Teaching Children Snowsports Manual (2021)
- Complete & Submit the Children's Specialist 2 Workbook & Quiz*
- Review & Start the Children's Specialist Teaching Log -This is your lesson plan for the on-snow presentation. You will develop this during the online sessions and submit it to the clinician running the event.
- Review the National CS2 Assessment Form
*Candidates must complete and submit the Children's Specialist 2 Workbook & Quiz at least two weeks before starting the On-Snow portion of the event. Members taking the CS2 course should be aware that the workbook includes 29 complex short answer questions that will take time and attention to complete successfully. The candidate should start the workbook at least four weeks before the on-snow event and schedule multiple sessions of their time to complete the workbook.
Workbook Submissions are to be sent to email@example.com. Submission email must include Workbook answers, Participant's First & Last Name, and Member ID Number (Found on the Account Page in the Member Profile or on your Member ID Card).
You can find further information on the PSIA-AASI Central Education & Certification Page.
Additional Event Details:
Forgot Your Credentials?
Please enter the required information below to recover your credentials.
If you require further assistance, please contact the administrator.