Thursday, May 13, 2021 from 3:00 pm - 5:30 pm ETDay 2:
Thursday, May 20, 2021 from 3:00 pm - 5:30 pm ETAdd to Personal CalendarEvent Type:
PSIA-AASI Central Webinars - Meeting Room 13
Arrive 15 min before.Available Registration Packages (click for more info):Event Registration:- Advanced Rate: $105.00 (available through Wednesday, December 31)
- Regular Rate: $105.00
- CEUs: 6Prerequisites:
NoneAdditional Fee for Non-Members:
Monday, May 10, 2021, 11:00 am ET
This event has been cancelled.
Online Registration: CLOSED
Offline Registration: Contact the division office.
Note: This course was formerly known as "Teaching Guests with Visual Diagnoses."
On successful completion of this clinic (and with additional practice), you will be able to:
- Describe how the eye works
- Explain common visual assessment terms and perform a student assessment
- Identify some of the most prevalent visual diagnoses in adapted and senior snowsports lessons
- Describe classes of medications commonly prescribed for students with visual diagnoses
- Practice indoor and on-hill guiding techniques
- Develop precision language and kinesthetic teaching skills
This course is beneficial if you:
- Teach students with visual diagnoses
- Teach senior students, who often have unreported visual diagnoses
- Teach students whose sensory preferences are auditory or kinesthetic
- Are preparing for adaptive certification
This interactive clinic serves as a base for any snowsports instructor seeking information on effectively connecting with and teaching guests with various visual diagnoses from slight to high impact on the guests' vision. It also includes valuable information for teaching students with auditory or kinesthetic sensory preferences.
The clinic consists of two weekly video conferences for 2.5 hours, plus homework.
Note: You must be present for both classes and complete the assigned homework to receive PSIA-AASI credit. There are no makeup sessions or recordings of the sessions.
Format: This clinic utilizes Ring Central Meetings, a web-hosted service for online video conferencing. Before each week's class, you are given a link for the online meeting. The presentation is shown via the sharing of the instructor's desktop. Throughout each class, there are discussions and activities to encourage participation.
Many mobile devices do not allow for full participation in online meetings. It is strongly recommended that you use a computer with working video, speaker, and microphone capabilities to connect to the meeting via the internet. If your computer does not have speaker and microphone capabilities, you may use a phone for audio.
For more information on how to prepare to use RingCentral Meetings, please click here.
Additional Event Details:
May 13 & 20, 2021
3:00 - 5:30 PM ET
2:00 - 4:30 PM CT
1:00 - 3:30 PM MT
12:00 - 2:30 PM PT
Both classes are required to receive CEU's.
*Webinar access information is included in the event confirmation email. CEU's earned before 6/30/21 will be applied to the 2020-2021 Season.
Forgot Your Credentials?
Please enter the required information below to recover your credentials.
If you require further assistance, please contact the administrator.
- Advanced Rate: $105.00 (available through Wednesday, December 31)
- Regular Rate: $105.00
Registration Deadline Monday, May 10, 2021, 11:00 am ET
This package includes each of the following sections.
Event Registration (Includes the following):
- Webinar "Seeing Sliding Differently" (Session 1)
May 13, 2021 from 3:00 pm to 5:30 pm ET
- Webinar "Seeing Sliding Differently" (Session 2)
May 20, 2021 from 3:00 pm to 5:30 pm ET