ASEA Central Education Foundation
Support. Enable. Diversify. Outreach.
Mission & Vision
To provide an educational pathway for all to participate and prepare for a role in the snowsports industry.
- Broaden cultural, demographic, and economic participation
- Provide access to grants, connections, mentorships, and volunteers
- Remove impediments associated with joining the snowsports industry
The purpose of the ASEA Central Education Foundation:
It is our belief that Snowsports education should be fun, innovative, and inclusive– and it is our mission to continually evolve the sports of Skiing and Snowboarding towards the attainment of this objective.
You’ll find our members and educators engaged in this mission as they establish, administer and promote educational programs, research new techniques and methodologies for teaching and engaging in snowsports, developing safety programs and initiatives, inviting new participants from non-traditional channels to the sports of skiing and snowboarding- such as individuals with disabilities or disadvantages or underserved populations.
To attain these objectives and continue in this mission, the education foundation will seek grants, gifts, devise or bequests, and will aim to employ these in the fulfillment of our purpose. ASEA-CEF is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Donations, gifts and educational fees finance the corporation. Donations and gifts to ASEA-CEF are generally deductible as charitable contributions on your individual tax return, but make sure to seek the advice of your tax preparer.
Legal Entity of ASEA Central Education Foundation
PSIA-AASI Central really has two different corporations and two Board of Directors:
- ASEA – Central (dba PSIA-AASI Central) is a nonprofit corporation in the State of Michigan with IRS 501(c)(6) tax-exempt status. It is the organization to which you pay regional membership dues, and its Board of Directors is elected by PSIA-AASI Central members. The PSIA-AASI Central Board of Directors generally focuses on membership and certification issues.
- ASEA Central Education Foundation (ASEA-CEF) is a nonprofit corporation in the State of Michigan with IRS 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status. All members of PSIA-AASI Central are automatically members of ASEA-CEF. The ASEA-CEF Board is comprised of directors of PSIA-AASI Central with the addition of the PSIA-AASI Central representative to PSIA-AASI (National) and the Executive Director of PSIA-AASI Central. The ASEA-CEF Board generally focuses on supporting educational issues, public outreach, and funding for educational and safety programs. The Affiliate Program listed under Benefits is part of the CEF fundraising effort. Click here to learn more about the Affiliate Program. The CEF will also be offering scholarships for members to defray costs of education. PSIA-AASI Central and the PSIA-AASI Central Education Foundation hire a management group to conduct its business. The Executive Director takes responsibility for the safe keeping of ASEA-CEF’s valuable historical information, Articles of Incorporation, By-Laws, old tax information and donor information.